How to Set Up Remote Desktop Connection – Here you are going to find out how to set up your desktop connection on Windows 10 doing this is simple. And straightforward but to do this there are two things you need to take into consideration first the computer you are going to connect to second the computer you are actually using first make sure that the computer you about to connect to allows remote connections so to do that to unable remote connections go to the start button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
How to Set Up Remote Desktop Connection
- Go to the computer you are going to connect to to the PC you’re going to connect to
- Then from there go to your Start button at the bottom left corner of the screen right here
- Then you’re going to right click it
- Then you’re going to click where it says system
- It should take you to this screen right here alright
- Go to the left side of the screen and click where it says
- Advanced system settings right here
- Go to the tab that says remote right here and then make sure these options are enabled by default you are disabled
- Make sure this is enabled allow remote assistant connection to this computer
- Go down right here
- Make sure you choose this option allow the more connection to this computer now
Don’t check this make sure this is not checked the one that says allow connections only from computers running remote desktop with network level authentication the reason is even though it’s more secure but it limits how you connect through Windows desktop the windows we threw in more desktop.
- After doing all of that click apply and then click OK alright
- The computer you are about to connect to is all set up
- You can remotely connect to it well now how do we do that well
- Go to your computer go to your main computer
- Then now you are going to open the EMU desktop app so to do that
- Click the start button right here
- Then just type EMU desktop
- Here it is remote desktop connection here it
- Is right here remote desktop connection you should see it
- Click on it and here it is as you can see here it’s asking me for the computer name
- Enter the computer name here or the IP address and then click connect ok
- Right here you are going to enter the computer name or the IP address then click connect but wait
What if you don’t know the computer name but if you don’t know the IP address easy well say for example you want to find the IP address doing this is quite simple go right here. go right here at the bottom. Right at the bottom right corner of the screen this time and you see where you see where this wireless icon in years what is wireless icon is if you are using a Y connection a physical connection you should see two computers right here.
- Where she is Wi-Fi icon right click it
- Click open network and sharing center right here
- Open network and sharing center
- Then this should open it right here alright
- If that doesn’t work for you or you can always do this you can always
- Click the start button at the bottom left corner of the screen and then type network and sharing center okay
You should take you to the same screen alright. Now you Schutz your main connection right here should see your main connection whether whether it is wired Wi-Fi you’re going to right click it. You’re going to click on it I’m sorry click on it.
Now you’re going to click where it says details right here details. right here you should see you IP your IP address and now where it says ipv4 address right here. Well this is your IP address right there okay. very simple to do and another way you can find a pH is another way is by going right here to the button left corner of the screen type command prompt.
- Select one that’s administrator right click on it
- Select one that’s an administrator and then type
- Then type ipconfig right here press enter
- Here you go the ipv4 address same
- Same number right here, there are many ways to find the IP address okay
That IP address you want to enter it where it says the computer name or as you know. You can also enter the computer name to find that is also really simple all. You have to do is go right here to the bottom left corner of the screen you’re going to right click -> right here -> right click -> click on system again -> click on system.
Then this window show this window should open as you can see right here. He use your computer name all right use your computer name. So once you have all that information once you have your IP address or your computer name open with the sub connection.
- Go to the bottom left corner of your screen right here
- Type in your desktop
- Open the remote desktop app
- Enter your computer name or IP address right here enter it
- Click connect
that’s it once you do this you should be connected to your other computer so as you can see it is that simple to set up remote desktop connection on Windows 10 there are many ways to do it. do the way that is best for you so if you enjoyed this article How to Set Up Remote Desktop Connection please hit that like button and share for more thanks for read.